Poison Control In The Home...



Poison Control At Home

Check your home for any of the following substances that a child could reach and swallow:

Think about the following strategies for dealing with poison hazards for children:

If a Child Swallows a Poison

If you think a child may have swallowed a posion, take the container with you to the phone and call the Poison Information Center. They will tell you what to do.

Children have been badly burnt by swallowing a small amount of the sludge that sometimes appears inside dishwashing machine doors after use. If you unload the machine only while the child is sleeping, you remove the risk of this happening.

If you live more than 15 minutes away from medical help, keep a bottle of Syrup of Ipecac in your medicine cabinet. Use only as directed by the Poison Information Center or your doctor.

REMEMBER: Telling people about a hazard is not sufficient on its own. Somebody must take responsibility to reduce or eliminate it. If nothing else is going to work, you might have to get rid of the hazardous item altogether.

EMERGENCY NUMBERS: Make sure you have a list in a prominent place near your phone showing phone numbers services such as;